Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Big Boy!







Just some cute poses of our big boy! The above is my favorite! Doesn't he look all grown up?! Anyway, we made big progress yesterday! He started feeding himself! We had been working with him since the Friday we got custody, but he simply struggled with the hand-to-mouth concept. Well, yesterday he got mad at us because we stopped feeding him his cheese chunks. So, he grabbed a piece with his fingers and put it right in his mouth! We gave him the shock of his life because we cheered so loud for him! After that, it took about two seconds before he had all the cheese gone! He also started drinking out of his sippy cup! We tried the straw, but he would just bit down on it, not suck. So his sippy cup released liquid when he bit, when he figured that out, he just kept biting on it and would get so excited! So now he asks for it all the time! We figure the sucking will come. He still struggles in swallowing all the liquid. He'll get it though. He's already eating "big people food" and he loves every bit of it!
We hope to download some images of our Old Town tour tonight so stay posted!
Thanks again for your love, support, and prayers. We feel it working! God Bless You!



10 comments:

kelly said...

Yea!! Sounds like things are great :-) I love reading your updates & seeing BJ's pictures, he's a doll!!

Lee and Martha said...

The last picture is pretty awesome, but I think my favorite is the Bucket! My guess is the mop and bucket video will show up at someone's 21st birthday or wedding video someday! I love it! It sounds like you all are having a WONDERFUL time together and I am so happy for you all!!

The Baxter Family said...

I'm with Lee and Martha. That last picture is adorable (he does look like such a big boy), but I'm loving that bucket picture! Way to go with all of those milestones, too. He is one smart little guy, picking everything up so quickly. I'm sure that his mom and dad's enthusiasm is helping a lot, too.

Jeff and Debbie said...

Way to go BJ! And mama & tata! Each baby step gets you closer to a giant step. Love the big boy picture, he is a cutey!

Kristen Lingafelter said...

Melanie & James....He is SO ADORABLE, but I know you already realize that. I am very happy for you two.....I mean three!!!

Kristen Lingafelter

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see all of you safe and happy! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Looking forward to your return!

Roxanne

Anonymous said...

James, Melanie, and BJ-
I am SO happy for all of you! Sara and I just got done enjoying your videos. I am so impressed with your videos being posted already.

I ran into your mom and dad at Walgreens today and they said they were getting ready for their travel. I know they are very excited. Keep us updated with pictures and videos and enjoy the rest of your stay. We all look forward to meeting BJ when you return! Laura Saey

Jana said...

BJ is such a handsome little man and so happy! I love the videos! I talked to your Mom and Dad yesterday! I found a toddler photo book, "Who Loves Baby" I am going to drop it off before they leave. Love to all of you!

Shelly said...

I just got all caught up on your journey. What an amazing little nugget!!!!! And your family looks so beautifully melded. "God's pick" as Magda would say. And she couldn't be more right.

Poland will always have a very solid place in my heart, and I can't wait to return. Your pictures make me very homesick. I just loved it there.

Sherry said...

Just discovered your blog. My husband and I are just finishing up our homestudy for a Polish adoption. You son is so cute! Best wishes to you all!

Also - your dog looks almost exactly like our dog, except our dog has a white stripe on her nose. She barked her head off when the social worker for the homestudy visit came over yesterday...luckily she was super friendly after that.