Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moving Day!

Tomorrow, Monday, we will make our final move to another apartment here in Warsaw. I still am not sure why we have to move. Maybe something to do with only being able to rent the apartment we're in by the month and we still have two weeks to go. Our new apartment is in the "down town" area of Warsaw on a road called Polna. I'm actually looking forward to some new scenery and a new area of town to explore. I feel it will help our next two weeks to move along faster. I was told by our facilitator that we will actually have two apartments with an ajoining door between the two. From what I saw online, they should be fairly nice and more modern than what we have now. So, the question still remains whether or not we'll have internet. We are assuming yes, but really will not know until we arrive. If you do not hear from me again for awhile, that is why.

On another note, we have had a fairly long, yet eventful week. On Tuesday we took a Warsaw Tour. We saw many intersting and heart wrenching sights including Lazienki Park. This park was built around a King's Palace. King Sigismundus III Vasa ordered the castle to be built in the 17th Century. The park, castle everything is beautiful. I included some pictures below! We were also taken to the Warsaw Ghetto monument. This is in tribute to the several 100 thousands Jews who were murdered by the German army in World War II. It made me sick to my stomach to even think about! On a brighter note, BJ did great the whole 3 hour trip. He even met some older ladies who sat next to me that just adored him. He of course thought they were pretty neat too and spent some time on their laps. Yes! It was so hard for me to watch him go to them so easily, but then again he always kept his eyes on me! What can I say, he's a ladies man already!

On Thursday, we took BJ to get his picture taken for his passport and he also had his embassy doctor appointment. In his passport picture, he looks completely "spacey" as they were showing him this very odd looking unicorn to make him smile and pay attention. His little mouth is open and he has a very confused expression on his face as if saying "What is up with that thing you are holding?" Oh well, at least he wasn't crying or refusing to sit for them. He did however put up a fight at the doctors office and all they did was weigh him and take his measurement. Poor little man was up the night before several times due to a storm we had. He woke up fussy and continued that way for the whole day. He was such a little bear! Let's just say it was not a good day for him and he needed sleep!

Unfortunately, it wasn't a good day for my dad either. He woke up Thursday, not feeling the greatest and had a very upset stomach. By the time we all got back from the appointments, he had a fever of 102 and his stomach was a mess if you know what I mean! He toughed it out Tuesday and then we called the English speaking doctor at the Marriott on Wednesday to get him an appointment. It turns out that he had eaten some fruit (forgetting that it still needed washed) with "let's just say" bacteria on it. The doctor gave him an antibiotic and 3 other medicines to take with it. Thankfully he started feeling better Friday and his fever finally broke.

Also, a big thank you to all of you who chose to leave me a kind message about going to church. It meant so much to me and got me really excited about going! We even looked up some that were mentioned in hopes of going today! Sadly, we didn't go. I couldn't get my parents to venture into a new church, I didn't want to go alone and we couldn't figure out what to do with BJ if we all three did go. Instead we spent some quit time with Lord and had our own mini worship service. I know my Jesus is with me wherever I go, I just miss worshipping him in crowds of other believers. It will be here soon though! Thank you again! Who knows, I might get brave enough and try it next Sunday at least once before I leaeve. That would be a perfect ending to this completley blessed trip led by God's Almighty Hand. Don't you think?

After out morning, we set off for Old Town to see some last minute details and pick up a couple souvenirs. The walk was long, but a great success. We were able to see the changing of the guards, live music, the President's Home, and the Royal Palace. We toured the Royal Palace and it was astonishingly beautiful! We don't have any pictures posted except one because I videoed the rooms. We'll try to post some next entry!

Enjoy the pics and thanks again for everything you do. Your prayers, encouragement, help, and suggestions is what is making us through and enabling us to have a blast! Thank You and God Bless You!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Park Pics!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

8 comments:

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Sorry to hear you are moving again. If you find yourself needing to move yet again, I recommend the place where we stayed called Diana Residence. You can check out their website:
http://www.residencediana.com/

They speak English. It's a beautifully clean place. Looks VERY new. Clean European style.

Close to every convenient place you can think of.

kelly said...

Wow! Glad your dad is feeling beter and things are moving along! It's such a long time to be away from home :-) The new scenery should help your last 2 weeks move along, especially with the new areas to explore.
Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

The Baxter Family said...

Thank you for the updates and the adorable pictures! I'm glad that you're getting to see so much of Warsaw, and new scenery should be a lot of fun!

Jeff and Debbie said...

Mel,

Sorry to hear about your dad not feeling well. Nothing worse than getting sick in a foreign country. Thank God it turned out for him.

I especially liked this posting with all the detail and your feelings. You're an inspiration in how freely you talk about your God. Blessings upon you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

We have just begun our home study for Polish Adoption. I have been following your blog regularly...Klaudia's too!

Congratulations on your new little boy!

Krista said...

I finally got to go back and look at the smilebox pictures! I love 'em!! :)

Krista

Cynthiana Baptist Church said...

Love the blog. My wife and I are just starting the process. We ahve done mission work in Poland several times. What can you tell us about your agency, good and bad?

We would love to talk sometime.

God bless.
Greg and Leigh Hombirg
Kentucky

James and Melanie said...

Hi Greg and Leigh!
Please feel free to contact us whenever you would like! We are more than happy to offer you any information you would like! We have had several families come alongside us with tips and advice and it has made the whole process easier! God bless them! You can contact us by email mkochersperger@galesburg205.org or kochersperger78@yahoo.com