Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Momma's Boy?!

Okay, what is the deal. My little boy who could hardly let me out of his sight, completely ignored me today during our visit with the psychologist. Our facilitator, psychologist, and BJ's guardian all came to our apartment for a follow up visit to see how things were going. I thought things would go very smoothly since BJ seemed very attached to us! I couldn't wait for them to see how happy he is! Well, when they came in, I was holding BJ and he just stared at them (like he usually does to new people). Then the (young, cute) psychologist started talking to him and playing with him and before I knew it he was constantly holding his arms up to her to be picked up. He loved her! This wouldn't have bothered me, except I don't think he even cared that I was there. I have to admit, it was a bit heartbreaking! He did however, go to James who had to put him down for his nap (which was an 1 1/2 past due). Oh well, at least I know "I" get to take him home! I know he'll come around and that his actions today were simply "age" and budding attachment. On a good note, they were all impressed with the pictures and videos we have of BJ. They even said that I always seem to be smiling and that I am a perfect match for BJ!

We also found out today that we'll be switching apartments at the end of August. We aren't sure why and haven't had a chance to ask our facilitator since we found out. Also, my parents are flying in on Sunday! We're very excited to have them join us! BJ will be so lucky!

Below is a link and a video of "Old Town." We are returning there tomorrow and hopefully we'll have some nice pictures and videos to post. We are also going to meet two other adopting couples who we have been keeping up with for awhile. We can't wait to meet them! How ironic that we are all here at the same time!

Thanks for your love and prayers!

Czesc! (Bye!)

Click Here for Link! Old Town Buildings!

4 comments:

kelly said...

Glad your visit went well & that's great that your parents are flying in!!! Have fun with the other families & can't wait for more pics & videos!

Shelly said...

Hi James and Melanie,

First off, Congratulations! I am very happy for your new family.

My name is Shelly Dowding. Me and my husband, BJ (I know ironic isn't it) were in Warsaw last summer adopting our son, Michal, so we know exactly what you are going through. I got your name and blog from Jennifer and Ryan's blog. I first discovered their story while in Warsaw and actually email them while we were there waiting to come home. Jennifer and Ryan are from Omaha, Ne and we are from Lincoln,Ne. Strange small world.

I haven't been able to read your entire blog yet, but definitely plan to. I love learning of other's stories. Here is our blog if you are interested in reading about our journey.

http://dowdingsinpoland.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions about anything at all, please feel free to email me at sdowding7@gmail.com.

Have a great time!!! You will be missing it when you come home.

p.s. could you tell me the name of your social worker? I am wondering if it is the same one that we had. She was cute too. Marta was her name.

The Baxter Family said...

(Dave writes) Thanks for sharing your stories and video. News flash: Our little Caroline just got out of time out for pulling the cat's tail. Do people have pets in Poland? I had a roommate in college who lived there for a year and he said that Warsaw had a lot of Wiener dogs.

C Speh said...

One step closer to being home! You never can tell how the kids will react to people they don't know. My guess is that he somehow knew he needed her to like him. Smart kid!

Love your pictures and posts. Good luck!