Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Afraid No More!

If you can remember back a few post, BJ was terrified of bath time! He would scream like crazy! After some trial and error, we finally found a way to give him a sponge bath without him flipping out. After several sponge baths, he started to enjoy the water running down his face. So, we decided to fill the tub just a little to see if he could handle it! Handle it he did and now he can't get enough. He crawls to the tub daily and tries to climb in. Sometimes I just put him in there to play with his bath toys and he is as happy as can be. Last night he was having a blast, so we decided to take some pictures! I was holding up a toy with two holes in it and the water was pouring out. He kept trying to grab it and then he would put his head under it! He was such a riot! I couldn't help but realize that this was his first experience ever with water! Just think, he discovered something at 20 months, that most babies discover before a year old. I'm so glad we get to see these milestones, but at the same time am sad that he went so long without anyone! I wish I could have those years back! However, I am thankful that we have him now! Praise God! We love him like crazy! Enjoy the pictures!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Bath Time Fun!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! So glad that you followed God's will for your life and found BJ. :) Melis

The Baxter Family said...

Adorable pictures!!! I'm so glad he's enjoying bath time, and I'm so glad that you get to experience some fun milestones like that with him.

kelly said...

Yea! It took us about 6 months to get to the enjoying stage, bath time was full of tears for the first few months, glad he likes it now!!

Love seeing all the pictures :-)

Shelly said...

What fabulous pictures! I love the grabbing the water droplets, and the sticking out of the tongue. What a happy boy!