Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Article Was In!


BJ's article was in the paper this past Sunday! You can view it at the Register Mail. The whole top portion of the page was a big picture of BJ peering into the plastic lid of one of his toys. It was so cute! The above is a picture from the online article! The article, I feel, was well written, but there were several discrepancies. The time frame was a little off and with some other minor things. However, I was disappointed as the paper left out everything we said about our faith and the importance of our church family. I'm not sure why, as the views in the article were strictly ours and obviously not those of the paper! So why would they leave it out when we mentioned several times that God was the most important aspect of our adoption? I have to admit that this was/is very frustrating!

On another note, we have had a very busy week. BJ has (undoubtedly) come down with his first cold of the season. We had to take him to the doctor Friday because the poor little guy could hardly breathe he was so congested. She put him on an antibiotic because he had the beginnings of an ear infection and because she wanted to be safe and make sure his cold didn't turn into something worse. So as of now, he is a "Vick's" baby! He's so little that they won't let him take any decongestants! So we are constantly sucking, wiping, and rubbing on Vick's baby vapor rub! Poor little guy. I have a feeling this will be a long winter for him!

Yesterday, James finally had his long awaited heart surgery. It sounds worse than it was, but it was pretty scary. James was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation with a rapid ventricular response about three years ago. He was treated with medication, but that didn't always work. He was told that the Ablation surgery would take care of it, so they finally got him on the waiting list. Monday was the big day and the doctor feels like it was a success! However, only time will tell!

BJ is doing better with the whole separation thing. But he is still very "lovey" when I get home from work. I have to admit, I love it! What can I say, he just melts my heart! We also had some announcements made that turned out absolutely adorable! A company called the First Glimpse designed them for us and I'm adding the link so that you can see it! They added the Polish flag and a really cute poem. Here is his announcement! Hopefully I don't get in trouble for putting this on the blog! Anyway, I recommend them. They are really good and very timely!

Thanks again for the support, love and prayers! We feel very loved!

6 comments:

lexerdax said...

Mel, first, let me say "Congratulations" to you and James! I'm so happy BJ has found his forever family in you two. He is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so, so happy for you. Second, how is James doing?? How scary (?) to have heart surgery now!! I trust all went well? Hope to hear from you soon ...

Love and prayers,

Lexa

kelly said...

Good article, although the writer made it seem so easy! Very, very cute picture of BJ :-) I couldn't open the announcement. I'll try again. Hope James is doing well after his surgery. Hope BJ gets well soon too!

The Baxter Family said...

I'm glad to hear that James's surgery was a success! He will remain in our prayers as he is healing.

I loved the article and pictures! It is disappointing that they didn't feel they could print your statements about your faith. Like you said, they were your opinions, so there really was no reason to leave them out, especially when you told the interviewer how important that was throughout your journey.

Your announcement is adorable!!!! I love the poem, too.

Shelly said...

The article is fabulous as is the announcement. I am very glad to hear that James' surgery went well and I am sure he can't wait to gain some strength so he can once again play with the fam.

Lee and Martha said...

Excellent Article, Outstanding Announcement. They both just had me Wowed. I saved the web site of the announcement and will definitely give you the credit if I order from them! Hopefully that will turn into a discount for BJ's Christmas cards or next order!!
And on top of all this James has surgery?! Glad to hear he is doing well and prayers are sent for a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update!!

C Speh said...

Great pictures by the way! Such a happy little smile. I enjoy reading your updates and seeing how things continue to move forward.