Friday, January 18, 2008

Home Study Update 2

Good News! Thanks to an angel named Susan at Lutheran Social Services, we already have a home study scheduled! And it's in two weeks! Thank goodness! How we found her is a long story, but she is out of Moline, IL. I told her our dilemma and she said that all I have to do is get all our things together (CHI is sending us back all our papers) and she will accept them as they are! We only have to fill out a registration form for Lutheran Social Services and were set. As long as everything is in (fingerprints, DCFS documents, etc.), it shouldn't take long to complete our home study! I'm so relieved. Thanks for all your prayers and support! It looks like things will finally get under way!

I also want to thank everyone who has left us such kind and thoughtful messages! I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to visit your sites, but I plan to soon! It's nice to know we're not alone in this "very long" journey! God Bless!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Sweet news!!! We have been praying!

The Baxter Family said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited that you're on your way!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous to hear! God is definitely in control ;) Love you guys!!!