Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Christmas Time!




Wow! What a year! I can't believe Christmas is here already! We've been waiting to celebrate this beautiful Holy day with a child for about 5 years and it is finally here! I've added some pictures that we put on our Christmas card that I thought were pretty cute (of BJ at least)!

BJ is completely loving the lights, glitter, and excitement of the season! In fact, I have to say that it hasn't necessarily brought out the "best" in him. I suppose the time was coming, "the "fun" two's!" He is growing every which way by leaps and bounds and we are relieved to see that yes, he is a typical two year old toddler! His birthday is the day after Christmas! (fun party being planned) He literally grew an inch in 1 1/2 months and is back to sleeping 12 hour nights and 3 hour naps. My little boy might out grow me by 5 years old! LOL! He is picking up skills lightening fast like putting on his shoes, taking off his shirts, walking backwards, running (very cute to watch, he stays motionless for awhile almost like he's thinking about his getaway plan, then he picks up his legs like in slow motion and eventually begins to "run" giggling the whole way! It's hysterical!), climbing (on everything if can do it without mom and dad watching), and pushing toy cars all over the house! It's been amazing watching a baby turn into toddler in 3 months. Oh yes, did I mention he's getting into EVERYTHING! There is nothing that compares to being parents to a toddler! I love it and we are really excited about Christmas day and his birthday. He already had some early Christmas presents and let me just say, it didn't take him long to learn how to open those presents! Of course the wrapping paper and boxes were more exciting then the present inside!

With all this excitement, I have to admit that Christmas so far, hasn't been as beautiful and sacred as I was planning on it to be. As most of you know, Christmas has become somewhat of a "rat race" in our country. It disheartens me as I know this is what God never intended for it to be like. In fact, this is the complete opposite of what should be going on right now. There's nothing like the stress of life to remove the pure and miraculous joy of this season. This year I have noticed it more than ever before because things don't get done as timely and in an orderly fashion like they used to. Yes I know, welcome to motherhood, right?! But it isn't so much that as it is all the "hustle and bustle" that seems to be grabbing our attention and stealing our joy. All I really want grabbing my attention is our precious miracle child. Just by looking at him, he reminds me everyday of our blessed Heavenly Father. So this Christmas Season, we have decided to relax, not worry about gifts, "to do" list, bills, etc. (why worry about them, it's not like they're going anywhere right?) and just immerse ourselves in the amazement of life and be grateful for our health, family, and everything we do have. After all " From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. For the law was given to Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ!" John 1:16-17 Who am I to argue with this?! From our family to yours, may you all have a blessed and RELAXED Christmas season as we truly reflect on the real meaning of the Holiday. God Bless You and Merry Christmas! Love You All! James, Melanie, and BJ

9 comments:

Lori Kuehl said...

What a cutie pie! Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, some day you must post a video of BJ running. It sounds so adorable. His little face just beems with so much joy.

Tom and Kara said...

I agree with the request of BJ running. It sounds ADORABLE.

Today I read something that went, "The birth of Jesus, the savior of the world, is told in a single phrase: 'She gave birth to her firstborn son.' Those seven word describe God's entrance into the world. And the world will never be the same." I have been keeping this in mind all day (even as I finish gift buying:)) to remind myself of the enormity if what Christmas is, as you have so nicely described it!! Many blessings to your beautiful family!

sarah said...

What a great family picture! I love the image of little BJ running all around and enjoying the season. :)

Rebecca W. said...

I'm so glad BJ is growing like a weed. The family picture really shows it.

Lee and Martha said...

Merry Christmas!! Ditto to all the above comments! Happy New Year!!!

Jeff and Debbie said...

It must be so excited sharing this time with your new baby, as we celebrate the birth of another.
Love the family picture, you guys look so happy. Merry Christmas!

kelly said...

Cute pictures! Yes, I agree, the picture I have in my head of BJ running is hysterical! We need video :-) Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to BJ!!

C Speh said...

Love the pictures. Glad to hear things are going well.

An after Christmas b-day as well. Alissa is four days after.