Sunday, July 26, 2009

We've Arrived!

We made it, but not without a whole lot of tiredness! There's nothing like going 24 hours without sleep! We were so wound up, that we didn't sleep a wink on the plane! We feel so blessed, that everything went smooth! Praise God! Thank you for your prayers! As soon as we arrived at the exit of the Warsaw airport, we met our facilitator! She took us right to our hotel (very nice resort, will post pictures later) so that we could get unpacked and get some rest. Tomorrow she will take us to meet our son (Yeah!) where we will be briefed by the orphanage director, doctors, social workers, etc. about Bartek (BJ). Then they will bring him out to us! We will then go and see him everyday until Friday. Finally, we will be able to take him to our apartment in Warsaw! Please keep us in your prayers! Tomorrow is a big day!

10 comments:

lpeachey said...

God is so good. Glad to hear you arrived safely. We are lifting you up in prayer as you continue your adventure. :)
Blessings,

Lindsay and Keith Peachey

Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is going well. I have been with our new grandchild this weekend, but I have had you in my thoughts and will continue to pray for you. I can not tell you all that is my heart right now.
Patti

kelly said...

Yea!!! I am sooo excited for you!! Can't wait for more pics & especially news about BJ!!

Lee and Martha said...

Wonderful news to hear that you made it! All we can say is WOW!! The excitement we feel for you is so great. I have been meaning to ask....Did you bring a laptop with you and/or how are you making posts? We have been thinking about purchasing a laptop, but don't know if it would be to much to carry over there.

Emma Cochran said...

I am so glad that you have made it safely. I have been thinking about you guys and praying for you ever since I last talked to you. I have been on count down over here, until you see BJ. I am so excited for you guys, words can not express it. I can't wait to hear/see more of your exciting adventure and especially hear more about BJ. Take care and God Bless!

Krista said...

I'm in agreement with the above posts (well, except for spending time with my new grandchild. . .)

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Love you guys!

Krista

The Baxter Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything has gone so smoothly so far. We're keeping you in our prayers.

Jeff and Debbie said...

I am so excited for you guys. By the time you read this you should have met your son for the first time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

As always you're all in my prayers!

cheryl said...

So glad to know you made it safely! Have been thinking of you all the time and anxiously await news of BJ! Take care...

with love,
Cheryl and family

Jennifer A. said...

We've been thinking about you this past week. If your last few days are anything like ours, you are probably sleep deprived and exhausted, to say the least, but head over heels at the same time! Hope BJ is doing ok with the transition. It has been confusing for Klaudia, but she is a trooper. Hope all is well! We'll be in Warsaw after court on the 11th and hopefully see you soon. :)