Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mailed Off!

Melanie Writes:

We are officially done with the "Paper Chase" portion of the adoption! Wow! Looking back I never thought it would've taken us this long! But it has and the real "wait time" is about to start. We mailed our dossier this morning to our agency and sometime this week they will check over it and send it off to Poland. We will let you know when it gets there because you'll probably hear us cheer from all over Galesburg! Once it arrives in Poland, it will take them a few weeks to translate then we will send in a "translation fee" and the wait to be matched officially begins.

Thus far our wait time ranges anywhere from 4-12 months, with much uncertainty attached. I plan to talk with Lina (our agencies founder, also our coordinator) this week to see if she has any idea how long this will take. Following along with others who are adopting from Poland (and our agency) they are on their 10 month. It is a bit hard for me to swallow, but I know it is "all in God's timing!" Being a teacher it would be ideal if we could travel in spring and then I would have the whole summer to be with our children. I suppose I'll just have to wait and find out!

Also, I want to thank everyone who has committed to praying for us and our children. We believe in the power of prayer and can already see them working. Please continue to remember us. Another huge THANK YOU to those of you who have been able to support us financially. We have raised enough to not only pay the dossier fee of $5,500 but also to pay most of the $1000 translation fee! I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing this has been! God bless you and to let you know a very special thank you will be in the mail very soon!


On another note, the last step of the paper gathering was to add photos of us and our house. Below are some of my favorite poses that our good friend Melissa Willis took for us. She is starting her own photography business and if your looking for someone good, she's the one! (That is if you live near Galesburg, IL!) (business card below)













O.K. I know, enough pictures of us, but James says I have to include one of him with our dog Maui. (since I put one of Maui and I on last time) So here's Maui and James! (Sorry, she's not cooperating, but that's fairly normal! Hehe!)


4 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Great news about your dossier! That is such a big step. Hopefully it will be off being translated very soon! No news on our end yet...still hoping, praying and preparing.

The Baxter Family said...

Congrats on the big step!!! Adoption is wonderful! Ephesians1:5

Beautiful pictures, too!

Love from Hanoi,
3Bax

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!(I especially like the one where you're making a heart with your hands) Now that you're dossier is off to Poland, referrals should be coming your way soon!

Anonymous said...

You two look great! I'm praying for ya.