Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back To School!

Melanie Writes:

Wow! I can't believe it's that time of the year again! Summers go by way to fast! Here I am sitting here updating our blog when I should be getting ready for my class tomorrow. I had an opportunity to meet my students on Friday and I'm really looking forward to this year! I have a lot of nice families and the children seem sweet and energetic! After I take a class picture I'll post it so you can all see!

On the adoption front, we still are working on getting everything apostilled. We have just sent in James' birth certificates to California to get them official at $20 a document. I'm so thankful we live in Illinois! It's only $2 here! Thank Goodness! The rest of our documents are all Illinois issued. We plan to apostille the rest in September and will hopefully be able to turn in our dossier in October!

OUR FUNDRAISER!
The Lord is good! After receiving our matching grant from Lifesong For Orphans we are a little more at ease. We know things will come together, but sometimes it's just hard to trust without anything tangible to hold onto. We have currently finished up our support letter and hope to have those mailed out sometime this week with the help from my precious and hard working mother! Thanks Mom! Deciding who to send the letters to is becoming another hard thing to do. We don't want anyone to feel left out if they didn't receive one and we don't want anyone to think that we're being pushy if they did receive one and feel that they shouldn't have. Does this make sense? Any ideas for us? I suppose that if you don't receive one and want one, please let us know and we'll gladly send one to you and if you receive one and don't want it then just toss it. (No hard feelings here!) I hope this reasoning works!

Thanks again and God's Blessings to all of you! We Love You!
(O.K. now I suppose I better get to work for tomorrow!)

4 comments:

The Baxter Family said...

Letter or not, we would love to help out!
I'm excited to hear that you've got a great group of kiddos this year!

Anonymous said...

I hope your first full week is going well!!! I've been thinking about you! I was able to have 3 kids moved from my class, so now I have 17 boys and 8 girls. :) Yay for a 3 day weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on pursuing Poland. I was with CHI as well and am interested in using SMIA for Poland. I also live in the Quad-cities. If you are willing to have contact, daden1@juno.com

Anonymous said...

Melanie & James,

Just keep trusting in the Lord. He is working miracles that you don't even know about yet. Trust me I know (see our most recent blog posting at www.adoptingfrompoland.blogspot.com)

Congratulations on your grant and as for the letter, the more you send out the better your chances. After I had sent out a letter to friends and family my mom sent a letter to her friends. Most were strangers I hadn't even met and she got a better response then we did from our letter.

Looking forward to seeing this years class.

Sorry this posting got so lengthy.